I don’t need to tell any of you that time is a commodity and that I try to use it wisely. But because so many great people offered critiques for both my book and my query letter, I’d like to pay it forward. So here’s the deal:
- Post the synopsis from your query letter (that’s the most important part anyway) in comments (include your name, genre and word count).
- The ten best/most interesting queries will receive a ten page critique and line edit.
- For three of those ten, I’ll read, edit and critique the next fifty pages.
- One writer will receive a critique and line edit of their full manuscript.
- Your synopsis should be less than 250 words. If it’s longer than that, you probably need to rewrite your query letter anyway.
- Your manuscript should be complete or at least pretty close. What’s the point in entering if you don’t have ten pages to send me?
- For every twenty entries, I’ll add an additional ten page critique.
- If there are fifty entries, I’ll add a fifty page critique.
- And if there are seventy-five entries, I’ll read another full manuscript.
- Only blog followers can participate!
- All entries must be submitted in the comments section of this post by Tuesday, July 19th.
Go brush up your queries. I can’t wait to see what ya’ll are working on!