- I try to move the laundry only to realize I started the washer, but never put anything in it.
- My four-year-old says, “Mommy, can I watch another movie?” And I respond with, “Sure…wait! You watched a movie?”
- The battery on my cell phone is dead by noon because I checked my email ten thousand times for more revision notes.
- I look down at my Mt. Dew and realize it’s empty.
- I look down at my Mt. Dew and realize I poured it into a sippy cup (this is also known as Mommymatic mode).
- I look down and realize I’m surrounded by cans of Mt. Dew, none of which I remember opening.
- All the chocolate in the house is suddenly missing.
- My pants don’t fit.
- Hubs says, “You realize Pandora’s been skipping for the last ten minutes, right? You’ve been listening to the same phrase of Shakira over and over again.” And I say, “Yeah. Shakira. Good.”
- I realize at 9 p.m. that it’s Thursday and I haven’t written my blog post yet.
Off to revise!
LOL! All true! (Although for me it’s hot tea, but the same principle applies.)
@Su: It’s like. “Where did it go?” and “How could I possibly have eaten/drunk all of that?” Sadly, my bad habits seem to make my best writing.
LOL. You sound like me.
I bet this is a chronic condition among writers. I’m going to call it…revisionitis.
At least the Dew in the sippy won’t spill. And don’t forget to brush your teeth!!! Cuz thats a whole lot of mt dew 🙂
I’m just glad I didn’t try to serve it to someone who typically drinks out of a sippy cup. That could have been interesting.
This raises an important question that perhaps deserves a whole other blog post, if not an entirely new dedicated blog: which is best, blue Mountain Dew, Code Red, Baja Breeze, or regular Mountain Dew?
@Redleg: LIVE WIRE!!! That’s the orange Mt. Dew and it’s the best by miles!!
ahhh! Like as a writer and mom is crazy hectic. And mountain dew sound good to me.
All the chocolate in the house is missing is a very common dilemma for me!
Lindsay N. Currie
HAHA I know exactly what you mean. 🙂 I’m checking my inbox for more BTW – send it!