A wise person once said, “You’re not really grateful until you say it out loud.” I’m taking that advice and telling ya’ll about the things that are making my life just a little better/easier/ more enjoyable. Hopefully, they’ll make you a little happier too!
1. Getting 500 words written every day. It’s not much, but it’s achievable and I’m doing it! Succeeding in that little goal is a big deal right now! (Thus the laptop in the background)
2. Fuzzy Baby Heads. Nothing is as wonderful as rubbing your cheek against a super soft, sweetly-scented, brand new baby head! Especially when that baby smiles at you (okay…so she sort of looks like an old man, but you have to admit it’s a pretty cute grin). If babies don’t do it for you, check out this super cute kitten. It’s fuzzy too.
3. That my five-year-old wants to be an author/illustrator. When my mom came to visit, she gave me lots of great ideas that I can use to encourage my little boy to read and write. His favorite activity is for me to give him a story prompt. He tells me the tale, I write it, we read it together, and then he illustrates the story. Here’s the one he did about bank robbers:
4. Treats that come in bulk. Why yes I did eat two pounds of chocolate-covered pomegranate seeds this week, and they were delicious. The skindiddy’s (baked cheese fry straw thingies that taste like sour cream and cheddar chips) are yumtastic too!
5. The Footloose Trailer. So You Think You Can Dance debuted the full-length Footloose trailer on Wednesday, and I squealed like a little girl. I have fantastic memories of watching the original with my family when it was broadcast on television. Even my dad (and his two left feet) got up and danced during the last scene. The new plot may stink, the acting may be terrible, but it doesn’t really matter! It’s guaranteed to have some great music and fantastic dance scenes. I can not wait till October!
That story prompt idea is great for kids! And you’ve got me wondering what chocolate-covered pomegranate seeds taste like 🙂
Thanks for the news about the Footloose trailer–I hadn’t heard of that!
@Jess: My mom’s a genius like that…actually she’s a literacy facilitator. Thus, super good and getting kids to read and write! I love her!
And I bought the chocolate at Costco! SO WORTH IT!
That’s an adorable grin!
The kitty video is super adorable and your son’s story is so precious. This post made me smile.
<3 Gina Blechman
I am soooo curious about chocolate covered pomegranate seeds right now.
@William: I think so, but I’m the mom. 🙂
@Gina: Glad I could make someone smile!
@Kristen: I think Trader Joe’s carries them too. If not, thier chocolate covered cranberries are divine…but most chocolate covered things are!
Mmmmm fuzzy baby heads. ^_^
And I love that kitty video. I’ve watched that about a billion times. Haha! Never gets old.
Fuzzy baby heads are incomparable. That scent…. I think nuzzling them got me through many a rough patch in my life.