- In a nap with a cuddly two-year old
- A cup of pebbled ice (which I crunched really loudly!)
- A bag of Cadbury chocolate
- Two kids fascination with “snow puddles” (umm…yuck.)
- A short line at the post office
- Under the semi-frozen toes of my five-year-old (“Mom, I’m pretty sure there’s ice in them!)
- An unexpected, but much anticipated, package in the mail
Did any of these things change Virginia and a lot of the stupidity that occurs here? No. But a few little things (especially the nap) changed my attitude enough that I can ignore the things that are bothering me and quit pining for real Mexican food for a few more months.